Thursday, April 30, 2020

My story

It all started when I was around 14 years old, my parents noticed my mood changing and decided to get me some help, I was referred to camhs a child and adolescent mental health service. My appointments were constantly canceled and I got no help, luckily things got better when I started college in 2016, I had great friends and felt much happier.

Fast forward 2 years and I had just started university when my mental health started to drastically decline. I started drinking as a coping mechanism, it got to a point where I would drink during lectures just to take the sadness away. I stopped attending university for days on end, was not completing my assignments on time, I was failing at something I once loved. I felt consumed by my thoughts and all I wanted to do was end my life as I felt I was letting everyone down. In may 2019 my mental health declined to a point where I had to withdraw from the university. After this I got into a toxic routine of not leaving my bed my for days and still using alcohol as a way to cope. in 2020 I was at my very lowest and I tried to take my life several times.
I think my turning point was when I ended up in the hospital. It was time to get proper help and get better, my family and friends were amazing during this time, helping me every step of the way and I am lucky to have such a great support system.

It was my mum's idea to start making jewellery as she knows I love creating things. I started looking on various websites for inspiration and I came across a photo of a sea glass necklace and I thought it was perfect as the town I live in is known for its amazing sea glass beach and over the years I have collected loads of unique pieces. I began to create jewellery and I found it very therapeutic. I've decided I'm going to sell my jewellery on Etsy and give 10% of profits to the mental health Charity MIND because I want to help other people going through similar situations.

shop my jewellery here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Uniqueseaglass?ref=search_shop_redirect

https://www.mind.org.uk/



A pair of seaglass earrings  

No comments:

Post a Comment